Danaher Corporate Office
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037
- Best employers for diversity by Forbes 2019
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
- An overall Energy Star Rating of 92 for their headquarters in WDC
- Danaher’s Molecular Devices plant in San Jose, California was awarded a CA Green Certificate by Santa Clara County for its initiatives to prevent pollution, reduce waste, conserve energy, save water and operate more sustainably.
According to the company:
Every day, scientists around the world are working to understand the causes of disease, develop new therapies and test new drugs. Our Life Sciences businesses make this leading-edge scientific research possible. Our capabilities extend beyond research to power the creation of biopharmaceuticals, cell and gene therapies, and more to advance patient health and improve treatment outcomes.
Our Diagnostics businesses provide clinical instrumentation and software to healthcare professionals that help safeguard patient health and improve diagnostic confidence wherever health care happens—from local clinics and family physicians’ offices to leading trauma, cancer, and critical care centers. Our data access solutions and management systems improve efficiency and automate workflows in laboratories, helping healthcare professionals provide better patient care.
Environmental and Applied Solution
As the world’s population increases, so too does the demand for our most precious resource: water. Our Water Quality businesses help protect the global water supply and enable environmental stewardship. We deliver precision instrumentation, advanced purification technology, and treatment solutions to help analyze, disinfect and manage the world’s water across residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Every day, we trust packaging to ensure freshness, consistency, safety, and authenticity of products around the world. Our Product Identification businesses provide color management, package design, and marking and coding technologies used to help protect the world’s food supply, secure pharmaceutical packaging and track consumer goods.
Our Dental businesses help dental professionals provide the highest level of patient care by optimizing their work environments and enabling better clinical outcomes. Our precision tools and software help clinicians work efficiently to keep teeth and gums healthy, and our implants and orthodontic offerings help improve the aesthetics and health of the human smile.”
Company Sustainable Activity
At the management level, Danaher’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel, who reports directly to their President and CEO, has general oversight responsibility with respect to matters of sustainability and social responsibility and is responsible for reviewing and approving Danaher’s sustainability reports.
Together, They strive to reduce the environmental impact of their operations and products, and help their customers do the same. their operating companies have a long history of enacting environmental sustainability programs and other green initiatives. Danaher’s corporate function provides our operating companies with the additional guidelines, tools and support needed to be good stewards of the environment
SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP TEAM
Danaher has also established a Sustainability Committee at the corporate level to help drive their sustainability strategy. The committee consists of our Vice President of Environment, Health, and Safety, their Vice President, Associate General Counsel, and Secretary, and their Vice President of Corporate Communications. The committee reports to Danaher’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel.
- Danaher’s corporate headquarters is located in a LEED Gold building in Washington, D.C. A
- As of 2018, 40% of our manufacturing sites are certified to the ISO 14001 environmental management system standard.
Sustainable Development Goals: N/A
How company covers SDGs
- 60% Reduction in Workplace Incidents and Injury Rate 2010-2018
- ~$500K donated to Water Mission since 2014
- 7.13 GHG Emissions, Scope 1 2018 metric tons CO e per million USD Sales
- 10.16 GHG Emissions, Scope 2 2018 metric tons CO e per million USD Sales
- 256.21 Total Water Use 2018 cubic meters per million USD Sales
- 73% 2018 Regulated and Hazardous Waste Recycled
- 98% of in-scope associates completed Code of Conduct 98% training and related certification in 2018
Other Environmental Impact Initiatives :
- Videojet Belleville, Illinois facility recently revamped its recycling center to make it easier for associates to recycle items such as batteries, plastic bottles, light tubes, electric scrap and paper items. The Belleville plant also recycles wood pallets, cardboard, plastic wrap and metal scrap.
- X-Rite Pantone facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan reduced energy spend by 50% over the last ten years by changing to a high efficiency heating/cooling system, LED lighting, occupancy sensors and compressed air leak reduction
- Leica Biosystems’ Australia facility switched to 100% LED lighting, and actively promotes more efficient design and less wasteful packaging.
- Leica Biosystems’ Mammotome team in Tijuana, Mexico reprogrammed high-consumption manufacturing equipment to shut down on weekends. Implemented in May 2019, this simple change has already reduced the site’s energy consumption by 5.9%.
- ChemTreat Lipesa team in Peru took recycling to the next level by reusing materials from around the facility in addition to purchased supplies to design and build a new, sustainably sourced recycling center.”
Danaher has a stellar profile in health research industry, catering to one of the crucial industry sector. Unfortunately, Danaher has no documentation of its SDG implication and on their sustainable agenda. Yet, due to their efforts implementing sustainable actions – sometimes recognized since they have certificates as ISO 14001, LEED building – they are rated as a B.