186 Ruey Kuang Road
Neihu, Taipei 11491
T; 886 2 8797 2088
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- CDP Climate change management level
- Listed in the ESG Index ( MSCI index and FTSE4Good index)
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
Delta offers some of the most energy efficient power products in the industry, including switching power supplies with efficiency over 90%, telecom power with up to 98%, and PV inverters with up to 99.2% efficiency. We have also developed the world‘s first server power supply certified as 80 Plus Titanium. Headquartered in Taiwan, we regularly invest 6% to 7% of our annual sales revenues in R&D and have worldwide R&D facilities in China, Europe, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and the U.S.
Delta is a frequent recipient of international awards and related recognition for innovation, design, and corporate social responsibility. Since 2011, Delta has been selected each year for the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index (DJSI World). In 2019, they were also included in the DJSI Emerging Markets Index for the 7th consecutive year. Delta was ranked by CDP (formerly the Climate Disclosure Project) at the Climate Change Leadership Level.
In response to the challenge of climate change, Delta will remain committed to the research and development of innovative, energy-saving products, solutions and services that contribute substantially to the sustainable development of mankind.
Company Sustainable Activity
- Respond to global temperature increase within 2°C compared to preindustrial temperatures, establish and accomplish science-based targets.
- Identify climate change risks, build competencies to adapt to climate risks and further mitigate possible climate risks.
- Summarize and develop climate change opportunities.
- Expand the scope of energy management and implement concrete targets
- Develop products and solutions with high energy efficiency
- Implement and promote green production plants and office buildings
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Establish water resource risks identification measures
- Establish reduction targets and water consumption surveillance system
- Promote water source reduction and improved water recycling
- Achieve effective use of resources through input and output resource inventory
- Reduce waste generation and environmental impact through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
GREEN PRODUCT LIABILITY
- Enhance product energy efficiency
- Provide green innovations in products/services
- Develop photovoltaic systems and renewable energy solutions
TALENT ATTRACTION AND RETENTION
- Bridge the gaps between theoretical learning and hands-on applications by encouraging students to get an early start in workforce participation through internship programs and collaboration with academia
- Protect equal employment opportunities by launching diversified recruitment channels throughout the world
- Encourage talent retention by reinforcing long-term incentive measures
LABOR RIGHTS AND LABOUR RELATIONS
- Promote harmonious labor relations through bilateral communication and creative ideas
- Care for female employees and encourage parental leave
- Promote a healthy workplace that enhances employee work and life balance
TALENT MANAGEMENT AND LEARNING DEVELOPMENT
- Provide diversified courses to help employees improve work skills and advance career development.
- Continue to strengthen product technology capabilities related to enterprise missions, generate revenue, and share revenue with employees.
- Provide employees across the world with equal opportunities for learning.
- Promote social engagement and match employees with corporate ideals to give back to society.
- Promote green buildings and low-carbon transportation globally and encourage people to implement climate actions and build a better living environment in their daily lives
- Cooperate with climate change and energy-related international organizations to promote climate-related information exchange and disclosure
- Promote energy efficiency and distributed energy in Taiwan and foreign countries to help enhance urban energy resilience.
- Deliver climate knowledge through talent cultivation and improve the future competitiveness of disadvantaged groups to seek more equal education resources.
- 100% of Delta’s production plants achieved ISO 14064-1 verification and six building in Taiwan
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- TL 9000
- ISO 27001
- IMS policy
Sustainable Development Goals
How the company covers SDGs
Delta has focused on climate change issues and passed the review by the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) in 2017, while proposing the goal of reducing the carbon intensity by 56.6% by 2025 with 2014 as the base year. Delta became the first enterprise in Taiwan and the 87th in the world to pass the SBTi review. Through internal efforts to implement 1,846 energy-saving solutions at its plants in 2018, Delta increased its global use of renewable energy ratio to 22%. With the purchase of International Renewable Energy Certificates (I-RECs), Delta’s carbon intensity was decreased by 16.8% in 2018, surpassing the original SBT of carbon reduction by 16.5% for 2018.
To accelerate the transformation to low-carbon transportation in response to the UN’s goal of keeping global temperature rise below 2°C, in 2018 Delta took the lead in joining the EV100 initiative for international electric vehicles, and is the first member globally that provides energy infrastructure for electric vehicles. Delta has also introduced the climate-related financial disclosure protocol as a supporter of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and continues to be proactive in implementing mitigation and adaptation work in response to climate change.
Delta has recently issued its 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report. Delta’s high energy-efficient products have helped its clients save 28.1 billion kWh of electricity from 2010 to 2018, reducing 15.06 million tons of carbon emissions. From 2011 to 2018, a total of 1,846 energy-saving solutions were implemented at its major plants, saving 230 million kWh of electricity and reducing about 186,000 tons of carbon emissions. As for energy conservation through green buildings, the 15 certified factories and 5 academic buildings that Delta has sponsored to build have saved 17.83 million kWh of electricity and reduced about 11,200 tons of carbon emissions. Delta is dedicated to fulfilling its corporate mission: “To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow” and is committed to making greater achievements in energy conservation and carbon reduction.
Delta Electronic is dedicated to announcing their goals and improvements towards sustainability activity in their very detailed CSR report. They hold famous recognition as they are part of the Dow Jones sustainability indices, CDP, and many others as well as international certificates such as ISO 14001 for the all company. They do not hold preliminary certificates such as Fair Trade, UTZ etc. so they have been rated a B.