Etisalat Tower 1,
Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Opposite Union Metro (Deira)
T: 00 971 800 2300
- Shredit gold ranking in 2018 by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) under the ‘Erteqa’ Initiative
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
Etisalat Group is one of the world’s leading telecom groups in emerging markets, with a current market cap of AED 148 billion (USD 40.3 billion). In 2018, the company’s consolidated net revenues were AED 52.4 billion while its consolidated net profit was AED 8.6 billion. Its high credit ratings reflect the company’s strong balance sheet and proven long-term performance.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Etisalat was established over four decades ago in the UAE as the country’s first telecommunications service provider. An international blue-chip organisation, Etisalat provides innovative solutions and services to over 148 million customers in 16 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Etisalat Group’s vision of “Driving the Digital Future to empower societies” aims to provide best-in-class total customer experience domestically and internationally, deliver attractive returns to shareholders while investing in the long-term future of the company, and supporting economic development in all our operating markets.
Etisalat is named “The Most Valuable Portfolio Brand” in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by Brand Finance, and has become the first group from the Middle East to break the USD 10 billion barrier in terms of wider portfolio value. Today, Etisalat boasts a portfolio of brands such as Etisalat Misr, Mobily, Ufone, Maroc Telecom, PTCL and Etisalat Afghanistan.
In early May 2018, Etisalat reached a major milestone when it launched the first commercial 5G wireless network in the UAE, with Expo 2020 becoming the first commercial customer in the same year. The launch also meant that Etisalat was the first telecom operator in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to achieve the technological feat.
Etisalat Group has captured significant market share as it expands across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, most notably in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, where the introduction of innovative mobile broadband services has changed market dynamics and provided affordable mobile internet access for millions of people.
Company Sustainable Activity
According to the company:
“To conceptualize sustainability, we rely on a sustainability framework for defining and managing our environmental, social and economic impacts. Our framework has five key pillars: Marketplace and Customers, Responsible Business Practices, Our People, Environmental Protection and Connected Communities. We believe that an effective framework, supported by progressive improvement programmes, will help us achieve our strategic business objectives.
As one of the largest telecom companies in the region, we recognize our role in the industry to deliver meaningful contributions to national and international sustainability priorities, such as the UAE Vision 2021 and the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We have aligned our sustainability plans and efforts to support these ambitious goals in order to ensure sustainable development of a robust economy and a motivated society.”
- ISO 27001 Renewal for Managed Services Solution
- ISO 22301 for Business Continuity of Data Centre Infrastructure
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001 for Data Centre Infrastructure
- Tier III-Gold Certification for Sheikh Khalifa Data Centre
- ISAE 3402 – Type II Certification for Data Centre Infrastructure
- WTA Teleport Certification Certification of Tawi Al Saman
- Uptime Tier III Design Certification for Al Ain Central Data Centre
- TL 9000
- LEED certified
Sustainable Development Goals
How company covers SDGs
According to the company
“As one of the largest telecom companies in the region, we recognize our role in the industry to deliver meaningful contributions to national and international sustainability priorities, such as the UAE Vision 2021 and the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We have aligned our sustainability plans and efforts to support these ambitious goals in order to ensure sustainable development of a robust economy and a motivated society.”
See more on their sustainable report
2018 PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
Marketplace and Customers
- Developed the Digital Open
- Innovation Centre
- Launched IoT Fleet Management system
- Introduced Etisalat Energy Efficiency
- Services (E3S) programme
- Launched Smart Insights services
- Established the Business Robotics
- Centre of Excellence (RCoE)
- 20 business units are ISO 9001:2015 certified
- ISO/IEC 270001:2013 certified
- Zero data breaches
Responsible Business practices
- 84% local procurement rate
- Diversified workforce where 81 nationalities are working collaboratively
- 84% Employee Engagement Index score
- HR Technology and Digital Champion Award,
- Best Executive and Leadership Development Strategy,
- Best Graduate Recruitment Programme at the
- HR Summit and Expo 2018 – UAE
- HR Brilliance Award UK held in London and won the
- Brilliance in Employee Engagement award for 2018
- 1,279 training hours on health and safety
- 33 average hours of training per employee
- Launch of SPOT recognition awards
- Nationalisation focus resulting in 47.6% representation
- by UAE Nationals in the workplace and giving equal
- opportunity for expatriates to work and support the
- business objectives
- All customers moved to electronic bills
- 5% paper recycled
- Water saving aerator taps fixed to all Etisalat
- toilets and pantries
- AED 27.6 million invested in the community
- Introduced the ‘Talking Bill’ initiative
- Launched more than 52 local community development programmes
- Initiated ‘Youth x Hub’ platform and ‘Future Now’ programme
- Launched ‘Hello Business Hub
Erisalat facilitates oil and gas by developing an IA, and therefore cannot receive an A or B rating. However, Erisalat do have a sustainability agenda already in place that they are working well towards including recognition of the SDGs, as well as a lot of certifications and awards, so have been awarded a C grade.