Infineon Technologies AG
IFAG C EC MRDC
Am Campeon 1-15
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
- Gold rating from EcoVadis in sustainability
- Corporate Social Responsibility awarded by the Singapore Public Hygiene Council
- Included in the Sustainability Yearbook (8th year in a row)
- A rate in MSCI World ESG Index
- Part of the Ethibel Sustainability Index Excellence Europe
- Best Environmental Impact award for Infineon’s Kulim
- Euronext Vigeo Eurozone 120 Index – Euronext Vigeo Europe 120 Index
- FTSE4Good Index Series
- Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index
- EMAS award
- VCO Mobility Award Austria
Makes life easier
Smart functions such as speech recognition, gesture control and 3D applications (augmented/virtual reality) make everyday items like speakers, wearables and smartphone apps more convenient and easier to use.
Whether based on MEMS, radar or sensor chips, semiconductors from Infineon make life easier. Thanks to our technologies, smartphones and tablets have increasingly compact and lighter adapters, shorter charging cycles and longer battery lives.
Makes life safer
As web-based services are becoming the norm, it is increasingly important to protect our data, devices and electronic documents against misuse. Our security solutions use innovative encryption technologies to safeguard identities and data.
We also help make our roads safer – with active safety systems like pedestrian detection and blind spot alerts that correct driver errors to prevent accidents. Our solutions also make premium-class automotive safety systems affordable in mid-range and compact car classes.
Makes life greener
Our world’s energy needs keep growing and growing. Today, we already need to produce, transmit and use energy more efficiently. Our semiconductors are used to effectively generate electricity from solar and wind sources, and transmit energy with almost no losses.
Our technologies reduce energy consumption in cars, trains, industrial plants, consumer electronics and household appliances.
Infineon Technologies is composed of three business segments, which are:
Digital Security Solutions (DSS), Power Management & Multi Market (MM) and Industrial Power Control (IPC).
Company Sustainable Activity
In the last years, Infineon has structured its Compliance Management System according to the IDW1 PS 980 standard. In the 2014 fiscal year, Infineon Technologies AG and selected major subsidiaries subjected their Compliance Management System to confirmation of appropriate- ness, implementation and effectiveness by an external independent auditing firm. After the completion of such evaluation, which was focused on antitrust law and prevention of corruption, the standard was extended to all other Group companies including the former International Rectifier companies during the past fiscal years. Since then, compliance is monitored by regular internal audits of the Compliance Management System in the various subsidiaries. During the course of the 2018 fiscal year, Infineon decided to undergo another external review of the Compliance Management System by an external auditing firm in the coming fiscal year
The Infineon Business Conduct Guidelines embody their commitment and define their standards as well as their implementation in this area for all employees worldwide. Those standards are in compliance with the “International Bill of Human Rights” and the “Fundamental Principles” of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Their employees receive regular training on the Business Conduct Guidelines. In addition, they have implemented external hotlines which their employees, suppliers, customers and business partners can contact, openly or anonymously. All cases reported are investigated by their Compliance experts. The Compliance Management System ensures that violations of human rights and of applicable labor standards are reported to the Management Board.
They do not tolerate any form of forced labor, bonded or involuntary prison labor. All work is performed without coercion of any kind and can be terminated by each employee by means of appropriate resignation.
Human Resource Management
Their engagement in human resources (HR) is an essential factor in their efforts towards sustainability. Only contented and successful employees will ensure high performance in the long run. And this conviction characterizes all their employee development measures as well as measures for attracting new employees.
In addition to the HR department, the Chief Executive Officer of Infineon Technologies AG,in the role of Labor Director, is directly involved in human resources policy. On a regular basis, the strategic deployment of HR management is discussed with all members of the Management Board and the objectives for the following fiscal year are defined.
Infineon has defined four areas of activity in the field of corporate citizenship: “Environmental Sustainability”, “Local Social Needs”, “Education for Future Generations” and “Responding to Natural and Humanitarian Disasters”. These focus areas of engagement are contained in their rule “Corporate Citizenship and Sponsoring”. This rule ensures that their corporate citizenship activities are performed transparently and in line with their ethical principles. They have also appointed a citizenship representative for this topic at all their major sites.
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001:2014
- ISO 50001:2011
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007
Sustainable Development Goals
- Their specific water consumption was below 8.5 liters per square centimeter manufactured water.
- Their specific waste generation was below 27.5 grams per square centimeter manufactured water
- In the 2019 fiscal year 344.64 tons of the solvent PGMEA were recovered by distillation of waste containing PGMEA and were reused in manufacturing. This corresponds to a 114.9 percent target achievement.
- In the 2019 fiscal year they completed measures which saved 23.1 gigawatt hours of energy. Over the last two fiscal years, total savings of 46.5 gigawatt hours were achieved.
Human Resources management:
- They were able to increase the share of women in middle and senior management levels from 14.8 percent in the previous fiscal year to 15.5 percent in the 2019 fiscal year.
Contributing through sustainable products:
- The CO2 footprint was updated. The proportion of CO2, savings by their products during their use-phase was by the factor 40 higher than the corresponding emissions in manufacturing those products.
Infineon Technologies holds many sustainability certificates and awards. It established clear goals and reported on its progress. The company is really committed to sustainability. It therefore gets the rating A.