Allée de la Recherche, 60
Tel: +32 2 559 99 99
Fax: +32 2 559 99 00
RPM 0403.053.608 Brussels
- The London Stock Exchange’s FTSE4Good Index,
- Corporate Knights
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
- The EURORDIS Company Award has been awarded to UCB in recognition of our leadership in championing patient engagement via an Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) project called PARADIGM.
- UCB colleagues in China received the ‘Best Company Award 2017’ at the Best of BenCham Award Ceremony, in ‘recognition of UCB’s Patient Value Strategy and impact on society’.
Company Sustainable Activity
According to UCB, a significant part of building trust is being transparent – being open and clearly disclosing what UCB does, how UCB works, where UCB is successful, and where challenges to UCB and the industry are present. This applies across all aspects of their global business. UCB has attempted to provide disclosure while referring to the Global Reporting Initiative Standards. In addition, the five CSR areas detailed in the 2017 Belgian legislation (environmental; social and employee; human rights; anti-corruption and bribery; and diversity and inclusion) are also disclosed in this 2018 Integrated Annual Report.
At UCB, they believe the company will be successful in the long-term by creating value for both their shareholders and for society as a whole. The voice of the stakeholders is essential in this journey and their recommendations to focus on important material aspects have been embedded in the corporate vision. The question “how will this create value for persons living with severe chronic diseases?” remains UCB’s guiding holistic principle to determine what will be the impact of the company’s decisions for patients, their business, UCB’s people, their environment and their society.
100% manufacturing facilities certified ISO 14001
Sustainable Development Goals
How company covers SDGs
- 7 135 GJ of current energy savings through energy efficient projects
- 92% of electricity consumed by UCB originated from renewables sources
- The overall energy consumption decreased by 5%
- The usage of gas was reduced by 9%
- The usage of electricity was reduced by 4%
- In 2017, waste generated at the UCB facilities decreased by 19%
- UCB globally managed to recover 91% of its waste
- A three-year program to create intrinsically safe installations and to improve employee training launched in 2015, was continued in 2017.
- In 2017, UCB spent more than € 7 million in community sponsorships and charitable donations worldwide, including € 1.6 million for the CSR patient initiatives.
UCB is a Bio-Pharmaceutical company focusing on neurological and immunology diseases. No certificates were traced for this company. UCB is contributing to SDG Goals, but still no clarity is given on its action plan. Although, we have some clue about their sustainable agenda, it is not enough to rate them higher.