Software & Programming
6110 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
T: (925) 951-9000
- #11 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for diversity
- #11 for 50 Best Workplaces for Parents
- UK’s Best Places to work for Women
- #4 on Fortune’s 100 best places for Millennials
- #24 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Women
CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
- Best Company for Diversity 2018
- Best Company Leadership
Company Sustainable Activity
According to Workday, Inc.
- Workday provides all of their customers—more than 2,600—with a carbon-neutral cloud. This goal was achieved in 2017 across their global operations. Their data centers use 100 percent renewable electricity, effectively reducing data center Scope 2 market-based emissions to zero
- They have partnered with a global electronics-disposition partner that meets their requirements for operating under ISO 14001 certification, as well as the strong e-Stewards certification (or a comparable local standard). Data security is always paramount—all drives are wiped and destroyed while certificates of destruction are retained.
- Achieve a net-zero carbon emissions by 2021
- Use 100% renewable electricity across their global operations, including all of their offices and data centers
- Responsibly dispose of their electronic waste
- Establish Green Team (in their largest offices to provide a platform for engagement and empower employees to introduce meaningful sustainability practices at Workday)
- ISO/IEC 27001
- ISO/IEC 27018
Sustainable Development Goals
How company covers SDGs
SDG 9: Privacy and Data Protection
- Workday is responsible for safeguarding their customers’ most sensitive information and data. Along with theirr customers, they must also adhere to data privacy regulatory concerns as well. A privacy or data security breach could severely impact both Workday and their customers’ brands, so they maintain rigorous data-security standards to ensure the absolute safety of their customers’ business information.
SDG 8, SDG 9: Customer Satisfaction
- They are fiercely loyal to their customers, and Workday Co-Founder and Chairman Dave Duffield is also known as chief customer advocate. Customer satisfaction is a key metric for Workday that they measure throughout the year in an effort to retain their existing customer base and attract new customers.
SDG 8: Talent and Culture:
- Workday believes that happy, productive employees lead to customer loyalty and a prosperous business. That’s why, at Workday, employees are their most valuable resource and they pride themselves on being a great place to work.
SDG 5, SDG 10: Belonging and Diversity
- Diversity plays an integral part in maintaining their position as a “best place to work.” By helping recruit and retain top diverse talent, they can maintain a culture where everyone feels valued.
SDGs 1,4,8,9: Philanthropy and Volunteering/Community Engagement
- A healthy, thriving community is an important ingredient for business success. The Workday Foundation focuses on creating career pathways that maximize human potential. They do this by empowering people facing barriers to employment with skills that will help them secure thriving-wage employment. They go beyond the check through skills-based volunteering and offer a wide variety of programs to support and encourage employee engagement in the community.
SDG 7, SDG 13: Energy and Carbon Footprint
- A healthy environment provides the foundation for their economy and ultimately, for economic opportunity and the future quality of life for their global citizens. They look for new ways to positively address the planet’s sustainability challenges, including investing in renewable energy projects and providing carbon-efficient products for their customers so they can minimize their impact on the planet.
- In FY19, 100% of the electricity used at their offices and data centers globally came from clean, renewable sources
- operated at net-zero carbon emissions since FY17
- 35% reduction in carbon intensity per square foot of office space since FY15
- 29% reduction in carbon intensity per total revenue since FY15
- 34% reduction in commute emissions per employee since FY16
- 36% reduction in data center carbon intensity per subscription revenue since FY15
- $11.3 Million+ total grants disbursed by the Workday Foundation since 2013
Workday is a leading company in its sector and offers a carbon neutral cloud. The company has detailed description of its SDG contribution in their sustainability report, and they detailed also how they constructed great as green partnerships around their activities. Thanks to all their efforts they are rated as a B.